Updated: Feb 25, 2021
My presentation may not always be 100% on point, but here's some fall-off-the-bone, finger-lickin' ribbies if ya don't mind!
This recipe will work with any type of ribs, but here we used pork.
· 600g-800g of pork ribs
· 1 large brown onion, thinly sliced
· 180g can tomato paste
· 2 tablespoon Dijon mustard
· 1 ½ tablespoon apple cider vinegar
· ½ cup water
· 2 teaspoons garlic powder
· 1 ½ teaspoons oregano, dried
· 2 teaspoons chili powder
· 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
· 1 teaspoon salt
· ½ teaspoon black pepper
1. Place the sliced onions on the bottom of a slow-cooker
2. If needed, cut the ribs in half so that they will fit into the slow cooker
3. Transfer ribs to the slow cooker and place on top of the onions
4. Whisk together remaining ingredients in a bowl and pour over meat and onions
5. Mix the meat, onions and sauce together until well-coated
6. Cook on low heat for 6-8 hours (The longer you leave the ribs in the cooker, the more fall-off-the-bone they are!)
7. Serve the ribs with some sauce scooped on the top
If you have the opportunity to, I like to flip the ribs over about halfway through, but it’s not super necessary.
This is awesome served alongside coleslaw or veggies, or just eat them from a bowl with ya hands!
Want to talk about some of your health goals? Follow the prompts below to schedule a free discovery call with me.